Security 360 – Talk to the Board 2019
7 November 2019
A reciprocal discussion between Board Members, CISOs and C-Suite
• question a real Board |
• connect with CISO and C-Suite peers|
• benchmark cyber risk strategy |
This one-day conference will bring together a panel of non-security Board Members, who between them cover various corporate functions, will share insights on how can the CISO can improve security leadership offering and vice-versa. A debate on cyber risk at the top level as investors increasingly ask questions about how Boards are managing and mitigating cybersecurity because of litigation and reputation risk. www.talktotheboard.com
Further information about this event will be provided soon. If you are interested in speaking at this event, attending or hearing about sponsorship opportunities please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The ideal opportunity for senior security practitioners to ‘sound-board’ and question a panel of actual Board directors on priority challenges around cyber risk management, reporting, communications, response, awareness and business engagement.
Guests are invited to talk to the Board and ask the questions they would like to ask their own Board of directors if they had the chance – and with none of the consequences! Board Executives spanning Chairman, CEO, CFO, CIO, CMO, HR roles from well-known organisations will share insights on how CISOs can improve the security leadership offering and vice-versa.
Top of their game CISO/CSOs will also share the steps and approaches taken within their own companies, as well as tips on how to align culture and mindset across security-business technology and legal. Additionally, an investor perspective will be presented, to reflect how investors are increasingly asking Boards about how they are managing and mitigating cybersecurity because of litigation and reputation risk, amidst a fast-moving threat landscape and off the back of digital innovation.
2018 speakers and board members included:
- Marcus Alldrick, Former CISO, Lloyd’s of London. Digital Risk Management, Security and Compliance Advisor
Meet The Board Members
- Mr. John Hutson, Chief Executive Officer, JD Wetherspoon PLC.
- Mr. Robin Dargue, Global CIO, WPP
- Air Marshal Sir Christopher Coville, Senior Defence Advisor, EMC and BT. Former Chairman, Westland Helicopters Ltd.
- Jane Wilkinson, Global CEO and Board Level Chief Marketing Officer, & Non Executive Director
Meet the Speaker Panel
- Professor Robert Coles, Visiting Professor, Royal Holloway, University of London and CISO, NHS/Director – Data Security Centre, NHS Digital
- Charles Delingpole, CEO and Cofounder, ComplyAdvantage
- Tim Sadler, CEO and Co-Founder, Tessian
- Cath Goulding, Head of Cyber Security, Nominet
- Matt Middleton-Leal, General Manager EMEA, Netwrix
- Ben Bulpett, Security IQ Director, EMEA, SailPoint
- Daniel M. Freeman, Managing Partner, C5 Capital Ltd
- Mark Logsdon, Head of Cyber Assurance and Oversight, Prudential
- Graham Ayre, Senior Auditor, ArgoGlobal – A Lloyd’s of London Syndicate
- Chris Wallis, Founder, Intruder
As a CISO/CSO why attend
- A rare chance to question a real Board – with no consequences!
- Unique opportunity to find out what the perspective is of board members towards cybersecurity.
- To appreciate the importance first hand of speaking to the board in a way that makes them understand and care.
- Reciprocal exchange. A chance for the panel of Board Members to explain what they would like to hear from them or how they would like security leaders to communicate better.
- Immersive – all invited guests are expected to contribute to the discussions that will be held under the Chatham House Rule.
- Networking – the day ends with a networking reception!
- Pulse Innovate Report – receive practical take-aways on cyber risk and security as part of the Enterprise Risk Management strategy at Board level, and as part of a robust business.
As a Board Member why attend
- Gain insights about how CISOs as a group think and feel about current relations with the board, risk metrics, security investment and reporting structures, to better communicate with their own security teams.
- Exchange views on emerging expectations and strategy and it is a unique chance to hear directly from cyber security experts on how to manage cyber threats in a consistent, practical and ethical way.
- A rare opportunity for the Board (and CISOs) to hear directly from the investor community what new standards and expectations on managing and mitigating cyber risk will be – especially following recent PRI engagements on managing cyber risk in a responsible way. The Board will be held ultimately responsible, financially and reputation-wise.