The Expanded Cyber 360 Exchange & Talk to the Board will be hosted 11-12 November 2020 in London
Thank you to everyone who attended Security 360-Talk to the Board, 7 November 2019 at Atmosphere 29 in London!
“This conference is different in a very positive way – producing new insights where others just repeat the same old content”
Mark Nicholls, Head of Information Security, Peabody
A ground-breaking reciprocal discussion between Board Members, CISO/CSO and C-Suite
• question a real Board of Directors
• connect with peers to benchmark cyber risk strategy
This unique one-day conference was hosted Thursday 7 November at Atmosphere 29, a unique space near Westminster that benefits from stunning wraparound views of the City of London and beyond.
This sound-boarding think tank enabled guests to directly interact with and question a panel of Board Directors from various large companies.
Agenda Timings at a Glance
08:45-15:45 Talk to the Board Conference – Atmosphere 29
15:45-17:00 Reception – Atmosphere 29
17:30-22:00 Spying Room, Morpeth Arms
As a CISO/CSO, why attend?
- A rare chance to question a real Board – with no consequences!
- Unique opportunity to find out what the perspective is of board members towards cybersecurity.
- To appreciate the importance first hand of speaking to the board in a way that makes them understand and care.
- Reciprocal exchange. A chance for the panel of Board Members to explain what they would like to hear from them or how they would like security leaders to communicate better.
- Immersive – all invited guests are expected to contribute to the discussions that will be held under the Chatham House Rule.
- Networking – the day ends with a networking reception!
- Pulse Innovate Report – receive practical take-aways on cyber risk and security as part of the Enterprise Risk Management strategy at Board level, and as part of a robust business.
As a Board Director or Non-Executive Director, why attend?
- Gain insights about how CISO/CSO as a group think and feel about current relations with the board, risk metrics, security investment and reporting structures, to better communicate with their own security teams.
- Exchange views on emerging expectations and strategy and it is a unique chance to hear directly from cyber security experts on how to manage cyber threats in a consistent, practical and ethical way.
- A rare opportunity for the Board (and CISOs) to hear directly from the investor community what new standards and expectations on managing and mitigating cyber risk will be – especially following recent PRI engagements on managing cyber risk in a responsible way.
Plan for the Day
Morning – Security 360
Benchmark strategies and be inspired by case studies and discussions with experienced CISOs, CSOs and other c-level executives on areas relating to cybersecurity and cyber risk. The main audience of CISOs and CSOs will be augmented this year by invitations to c-suite including but not limited to CROs, CAEs, CCOs, COOs, CIOs, GCs.
- Geopolitical and Threat Horizon
- Security Leadership and Culture
- Innovation and Investment
- Financial Crime and Convergence
- Response, Catastrophe and Lines of Defence
Afternoon – Talk to the Board
Guests are invited to ‘talk to the board’ and ask the questions they would ideally like to ask their own Board of directors if they had the chance – and without any consequences! Board Executives spanning Chairman, CEO, CFO, CIO, CMO, HR roles from well-known organisations will share their views on cyber risk and cyber security, offering rare and candid insights to the CISO/CSO community. Two afternoon open panel discussions will hosted in amphitheatre style. Board Directors from large companies will interact with the audience on the strategic, operational and tactical questions around security that are set to change the way we view cyber risk and expectations for doing business over the next ten years.
Progressing the discussion – Following a recap on where Talk to the Board ‘Round One’ left off in November 2018, the panels will probe gaps and expectations and will seek to build relationships between the Board and security c-suite.
Backdrop – It became clear from discussions at the inaugural Talk to the Board, developed and hosted by Pulse Conferences last year, that cybersecurity leaders and board directors are on a journey toward appreciating the others’ point of view. Individual journeys vary and, for many, much remains to be understood. Strengthening resilience to cyber risk may begin by both Board directors and CISOs taking stock of where they are on this journey. Now more than ever, it is critical for CISO/CSOs, and other risk, compliance and governance functions to think more collaboratively with a less siloed approach about the risks and the impacts of security. This think tank addresses both cybersecurity and technology risk challenges on the horizon as well as cross-company strategies for effectively communicating key risks. By attending, you will hear how security is playing a strategic role for organisations and how the security c-suite is approaching resource and cross-functional alliances and progress.